Administration & Finance
The Village Office, located at 571 Main Street (corner of Main and Paine Streets) is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Staff is available to answer questions, provide assistance, and help you as much as possible. Application forms for village services or permits are available on our web site or at our office. Notary Public services, village maps, garbage tags ($1.00), recycling bins ($8.00) and radon kits ($8.00) are also available at our village office.
The Village Office is the informational center of Village government. The financial records, water bills, taxes, fees, payroll, budgeting, records management, applications and permits, local laws, maps, tax rolls, voting records, birth and death records, and minutes are all either created, maintained, processed, inventoried, updated, collected or distributed from this office.
You can download a copy of our Fee Schedule which list fees for our various services, applications and permits. All fees are collected at the Village Clerk-Treasurer's Office.
Click on the name below to send an e-mail or call our office at 716.652.6000. The staff of the Village Office includes:
- Cathie Thomas — Village Administrator
- The Village Administrator is responsible for the overall management of village affairs. He also serves as Budget Officer and Affirmative Action Officer. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to, grants administration, personnel and employee relations.
- Mary Ann Arnold — Village Clerk-Treasurer
- The Village Clerk-Treasurer as Chief Fiscal Officer, is responsible for the day to day financial management of village; oversees Accounts Payable, Payroll and Utility Billing operations; also serves as the Registrar of Vital Records, Records Management Officer and Village Election Officer. Additional duties include the administration of local laws, minutes and village code updates.
- Vacant — Deputy Clerk Treasurer
- The Deputy Clerk Treasurer serves as assistant to Village Clerk Treasurer. Responsibilities include payroll processing and related reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Nancy Burkhardt — Deputy Clerk
- The Deputy Clerk is responsible for the billing and processing of water and tax bills along with the collection of payments. She serves as assistant to the Village Clerk-Treasurer and Building Inspector as well as Secretary to Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals and other duties as assigned. Ms. Burkhardt is also the Deputy Registrar for Vital Records.
The Village staff is committed to serving the residents of East Aurora and will do its best to answer your questions and provide you with information. Please see the directory for a list of phone numbers.
Our office is closed on the following holidays:
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day