Millard Fillmore House

Millard Fillmore House

Fillmore, the nation’s 13th president, built the Millard Fillmore House, now a Historic Landmark, at 24 Shearer Avenue when he was a country lawyer in East Aurora in 1826.

The Copper Shop - Roycroft Campus

The Copper Shop

Located on Historic Roycroft Campus and open year round. The Gallery houses work from over 90 local, national, and international artisans.

Elm Street Bakery

Hubbard Museum

Located at 363 Oakwood Avenue in East Aurora, the museum is open June 1 - October 31 with hours on Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday, 1 to 4 pm.

Knox Farm

Knox Farm

The park's 633 acres are comprised of a variety of habitats, including 400 acres of grasslands and 100 acres of woodlands, ponds and several wetland areas.


Vidler's 5 & 10

Opened in 1930,  Vidlers is a one of a kind shopping experience and destination stop.


"It is only life and love that give love and life."


Public Hearing Set August 19th

On Proposed Zoning Code Update

The Village Board will hold a Public Hearing on Monday, August 19 at 7 p.m. at the Village Hall on a proposed amended Zoning Ordinance. See the draft proposed Zoning Ordinance changes, the proposed revised Zoning Map, an Executive Summary of the proposed changes and a detailed training presentation.


2019 Erie County
Household Hazardous Waste
Collection Events
Register Early For Events Starting 30 Days Ahead

September 14th in Concord ♦ October 5th in Buffalo

Register Now - Some Time Slots Are Already Sold Out!


Oakwood Avenue Construction Schedule

Preliminary work (i.e. surveying, etc.) has begun on the
Oakwood Avenue construction project. (Click on the link above to
see the timeline.) The project spans all of Oakwood, excluding the section between Olean and Elmwood. Work includes replacing the waterline, making drainage improvements and full reconstruction of
the road. The project is broken into two phases, part done this year
and part next year. Only four trees are planned to be removed, near
the intersection of Hamburg Street.


Public Comments Accepted until August 26th
on the Proposed NYS Electric & Gas Rate Request 


It's that time of year...

When the weather gets nice, the peddlers come out. Village Law requires that any person peddling or soliciting within the Village obtain a permit. This includes businesses selling goods or services and non-profit groups soliciting donations.

Village residents are reminded to ask any person soliciting at their door to see his or her Village-issued permit. Each person must carry his or her own permit (printed on Village letterhead) when soliciting and produce it, upon request.

If a person does not have a permit, please call 652-1111 so the Police may investigate.


New Trash Collection Contractor On The Job

Beginning June 1st, Modern Disposal, a new contractor, began collecting garbage and recycling in the Village. This change should be seamless to residents, with the same pickup schedule and maximum quantities allowed for collection. See the detailed brochure for more information.

A new option is that residents may purchase totes from the Modern company. Trash left for collection in non-tote containers (i.e., a 32-gallon trash can) will continue to be collected, following the standard limits.

The Village will continue to sell tags for added bags of trash over the limit, available at the Village Hall for $5 each.

See an informative article from the New York State Conference Of Mayors (NYCOM) on changes in the recycling market, with insights on why fewer kinds of recyclables are accepted than in past years.

East Aurora Featured In Tourism Video

Construction Underway On Joint Municipal Center

Construction has begun on the new Joint Municipal Center, office space being constructed by the Town of Aurora that will house both Town and Village of East Aurora government offices. An old fire hall building on Oakwood Avenue is being converted, adjacent to the existing Senior Center.


View or download meeting calendars:

Village Board Meeting Calendar

Planning Commission Meeting Calendar

Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting Calendar

Historic Preservation Commission Meeting Calendar 

Meetings subject to change and will be posted here to the extent practicable.  


You can download or view a copy of the 2019-20
East Aurora
Village Budget from our Government Page.


The Village of East Aurora affirms its commitment to provide
an environment free from sex-based discrimination and sexual harassment. The Village's full policy can be found here.


Founded in 1804, and incorporated 1874, the Village of East Aurora's rich history remains an integral part of its present-day character.

Located just 25 miles from downtown Buffalo and 45 minutes from Niagara Falls, East Aurora has been home to notable individuals, including U.S. President Millard Fillmore and Elbert Hubbard. It is also known as the birthplace of the Roycroft Arts & Crafts movement and is home to international companies, such as Fisher-Price Toys.

& Minutes